- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 pie crusts (we use Pillsbury ready-made)
- vanilla ice cream (a must)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place bottom crust in pie pan.
- In a bowl, combine apples with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to pie crust in pan.
- Sprinkle on butter cubes.
- Place top crust on pie, turning under and sealing edges.
- Cut a few slits for pie to vent.
- Bake for one hour
- Serve with vanilla ice cream
Note: You might want to cover the crust with foil if it starts to turn too brown. The crust should be a golden color
*I'll post a picture next week when I make it for thanksgiving!*