Friday, August 13, 2010

Vegetable and Feta Wrap


For dinner tonight, I made a I-wish-I-could-have-another-one vegetable and feta wrap. I sort of just made it up in my head and cooked it. It was surprisingly delicious and took about 4 minutes. That's my kind of meal.

Vegetable and Feta Wrap

You can basically use whatever veggies you like, but I used- spinach (cut into ribbons/strips), julienned zucchini, sliced mushrooms. Oh! and I also added in some sliced deli turkey.

Saute all that up on medium-ish heat and season to taste with whatever you feel like. For instance, feeling like chinese food? use 5-spice and ginger (sort of a stir-fry in a tortilla). Mexican floats your boat (or stomach), use cayenne, cumin, chili powder. I used salt and pepper and a tiny bit of Emeril's Essence. Add any meats with the veggies. 

Once the veggies are cooked to your liking, add veggies to a whole wheat tortilla, add feta to taste, wrap it up and dinner/lunch is served.

I'm pretty surprised it turned out so well- because feta always makes me nervous in something other than a salad. Feta adds so much to this wrap, though. If you've never had feta before, it's greek and brings a briny, salty taste to any dish and it's crumbly, like blue cheese or gorgonzola. Happy wrapping!

-amanda abby

photo from a little sussy

p.s. have any of you been to this blog- Uber Chic for Cheap? I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment