Friday, August 20, 2010

The Best Blueberry Muffins with a Cinnamon and Sugar topping

Back in June, my mom and my little sister picked bluberries, froze them on a sheet tray, put them in a ziploc, and put them in the freezer. Today, I decided to make bluberry muffins. My last two attempts weren't so succesful, so I was determined to find a good recipe.

Thanks to Vanilla & Lace, I found the perfect recipe. She puts on a streusel topping, but I didn't want to mess with defrosting the butter, so I just ommited that. They were so good. I used bluberries straight from the freezer and they worked so much better than defrosting and draining them- and took no time at all.

Here's the recipe + picture

Blueberry Muffins
makes 10-12

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup milk (I used skim)
1 egg
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. (if frozen, do not defrost- just use frozen)
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line or grease muffin tin.

Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in mixing bowl.

Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg, and enough milk to fill the cup.

Mix the oil, milk, and egg mixture into the flour mixture

Fold in blueberries.

Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way and sprinkle about 1/8 tsp sugar on each one and just a bit of cinnamon.

Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean

happy blueberry muffin eating,

amanda abby

No comments:

Post a Comment