Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easy Macaroni and Cheese

This macaroni and cheese really is easy peasy. The official title is "Community Nurse Macaroni and Cheese." I remember ripping this recipe out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine last year in my interior design class (while I was supposed to be looking for pictures of furniture-shame on me- I guess I know where my priorities are...). There is no need to cook a sauce separately- which saves a lot of time. It's not the most cheesiest of macaroni and cheese recipes... so if you like yours loaded with cheddar- add as much as you want! Because more cheese is gooood.

serves six
 
1 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1/2 pound shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 stick butter, diced into cubes
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup bread or cracker crumbs
1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked
 
Preheat oven to 375.

Mix all ingredients (except the bread crumbs) in the pot you cooked the pasta in. Stir gently until butter melts.

Pour into a 13 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment