Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Costco-esque Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

One of my favorite things about Costco (besides their pesto and sample days) is their ginormous chocolate muffins. I have been searching for a long time for a copy cat recipe- and this one is very delicious- but not quite as heavy and dense as the ones at Costco. Maybe a chocolate chip muffin experiment is in the works? In the meantime, I think these yummy muffins will have to suffice.

























2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cups cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips

In a small bowl, remove two tablespoons of flour from the 2 1/4 cups (now 2 cups and 2 tablespoons remains) and mix with the chocolate chips. Set aside

In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.

In a different bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips/flour mixture.

Fill lined cupcake pans 2/3 full with batter.Bake at 325 degrees for 18-24 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

source: allrecipes.com, adapted a bit by me. This recipe said it makes 24 muffins, yet I only got 18 ish. I like these muffins best if they are cold.

Have any questions about this recipe or anything else? Email me at me@amandaabby.com

1 comment: