Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chipotle Chili

I was surprised at how much I loved this untraditional chili...especially since I'm not the biggest fan of chipotle peppers. It's smoky and spicy and pairs perfectly with this cornbread. I made this for my grandparents and they loved it! At least that's what they told me! :) Make it, you'll love it.

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 chipotles in adobo, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon of the sauce
1/2 cup steak sauce (I used A1)
1 1/2 cups beef stock/broth
1 can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium high heat. When the oil starts to smoke, add the bell peppers and onions. Cook until semi-soft. Pour into a separate bowl. Add the beef to the pot and cook. Season with grill seasoning, chipotles, and Worcestershire sauce. Drain any grease. Add the onions and peppers back to the pot in addition to the tomatoes and beef stock. Ladle into bowls and serve!

source: adapted from here

Have any questions about this recipe? Email me at me@amandaabby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment